środa, 18 sierpnia 2010

Last day of mint.

Coming to an end of my minty marathon I'd like to present one partner whith whom mint loves to mingle - chocolate!

Mint and chocolate serpentine.
I've found this recipe in the Kitchen Shelf - Chocolate book. I admit, it wouldn;t be my first choice but at that time neither my oven wasn't working and I had guests coming over for a dinner. So looking for something that's little work and doesn't need to chill for long I've picked out this dessert... and I was right!





  • 300ml double or whipping cream
  • 150ml natural yoghurt
  • 4 tbsp icing sugar
  • 175g dark chocolate
  • 1tbsp mint liqueur ( I had none so I used 2tsp mint flavouring with one tbsp of vodka, can be any other unflavoured alcohol, and some green food colourant)
  • 25g dark chocolate to garnish
  • Martini or champagne glasses to serve (I only had whiskey glasses)
  • a piece of greaseproof paper, piping bag or a sandwich bag with one end snipped

  1. In a bowl whip teh cream then gently fold in yoghurt and sugar.
  2. Put 1/3 of the mixture in a smaller bowl and add mint liqueur, taste and add more sugar/flavouring if needed.
  3. Melt the chocolate and add it to the other part of the mixture, folding in gently
  4. Put 2 tbsp on chocolate mixture in the glass then cover with 2 tbsp of mint mixture, continue layering till the glass is full then gently stir to get the serpentine effect. Pop into fridge till you're ready to serve them.
  5. Melt the rest of chocolate and put into your piping bag. Pipe swirls on the greaseproof paper and put into the frisge so the chocolate will set. Pry them off the paper and on top of the desserts, don't worry if they break a bit.

I admit, the dessert looks more presentable in a martini or champagne glass.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz